Mark Chambers markc at mail.com
Thu May 20 11:14:57 EST 2004

Regarding the hardware protection of flash chips on power-down:  There's a
circuit we used to use to protect battery-backed RAM from this problem.  The
basic technique is to hold the CS high when the power falls below a certain
value.  See maxim-ic.com for chips that do this.  I think for flash
substituting a capacitor for the battery would implement a similar function.

Just an idea, I don't know if anyone's actually tried it with flash...

Mark Chambers