MPC5200 LEDs

Steve Kaiser steven.kaiser at ucr.edu
Wed May 19 01:50:43 EST 2004

Before I plow into it, I ask for your advice.  What is the best way to turn
on/off the status LEDs on the Motorola Lite5200 ("IceCube") board?

Although experienced with embedded micros & DSPs in general, I am a newbie to
Linux and the MPC5200.
Thanks to Wolfgang for the most excellent U-Boot and ELDK.  With these tools,
I have compiled a 2.4.25 kernel and have it running from either RAM or Flash
in my 5200 IceCube.  I can insmod a simple "hello world" module on my target.
That's where I'm at.  I figure the next exciting step is to turn LEDs on &
off.  Right?  What's the best/correct way in the Linux tradition?  Any tips
are welcome.

Steve Kaiser
Chemistry Electronics Shop
Univ of Calif - Riverside