Basic Question

VanBaren, Gerald (AGRE) Gerald.VanBaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Sat May 15 06:45:15 EST 2004

Basic answers: U-Boot is the successor to PPCBoot.  Both are hosted on SourceForge.  You should switch to U-Boot, PPCBoot became U-Boot and is no longer actively maintained.
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/u-boot/

Wolfgang Denk has very good linux support that will help _you_ to port linux to your board.  See his Embedded Linux Development Kit (ELDK).
  http://www.denx.de/
  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual
If you don't feel up to the job, there are several companies and probably more than a few freelance engineers willing to do it for a fee.  In terms of companies, Denx and MontaVista are the ones most visible in the U-Boot arena.

gvb