Stability of network/io on MPC8540ADS?

Yuji Nishimura yujin at pp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat May 15 04:54:26 EST 2004

Helo Stefan,

I evaluated MPC8540ADS and found out similar problem few weeks ago. I
made tiny patch and it works well.
I also evaluated with NEC ehci pci device. The result was fine.
I wrote 1GB data to external usb-2.0 HDD via USB-2.0(ehci), that works well.
I also try to use ftp(MPC8540=server) and transfer (R/W) 2047MB data via
TSEC(gianfar) and it also works well.
If you try to use this patch, please let me know. I think patch requires
more evaluation...

Best Regards,
Y.Nishimura - Tokyo, Japan.