mpc8xx linux maintenance

Song Sam samlinuxppc at yahoo.com.cn
Sat May 15 01:58:16 EST 2004

David Ho <DavidHo at nanometrics.ca> wrote:
> Please don't mind correcting me on what I said here. I would love
> to hear some feedback from the community, and possibly the folks at
> Motorola, Timesys, Montavista.

I am not from above famous vendors.Just know their
names and their products.But still want to add sth
here on you topic.

> > Just wondering, do we have a person from Motorola or well known
> > embedded linux company that actively ensures the operation of the
> > Linux kernel on mpc8xx, 2.6 in particular?

So 2.6 porting on mpc8xx isn't a cinch at all.There
were some discussions on the thread but still no
result.If I remember right,it's Dan Malek stopped the
discussion and let others waitting for his porting
work.I also want to know the improvement.

> > Wolfgeng mentioned in his interview with Linux > Device (
> http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT2240586951.html) that 2.6 may be
> slow,

Thanks for giving this nice interview.

Best regards,