DPRAM driver on 440gp

Fillod Stephane stephane.fillod at thomson.net
Tue May 11 19:15:49 EST 2004

>Given that the physical address has already been mapped, via
>ioremap64(), do I need remap_page_range()?  Does anyone have any ideas
>on what the mmap file_op for this driver would look like?  Do I even
>need mmap() or should I just use an ioctl to return the pointer I've
>already got to the user?

The ioctl won't do because the virtual address returned by the ioremap64
is not valid in process context. You could remap it through mmap file_op,
but why bother?
Rem: reading ioremap64 and drivers/char/mem.c is very instructive.

Since you're accessing your DPRAM guarded/uncached, you may simply
map it both in kernel with ioremap64 and in userland with mmap64
of /dev/mem.

For more information, search the archive (or DENX PPC FAQ) on userland
mapping of physical memory.

Regards,
Stephane