Framebuffer driver for LCD controller Epson S1D13305 (aka SED1355)

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Mon May 10 19:00:08 EST 2004

>>Anybody knows about some existing drivers for this or similar controllers
>>to use as starting point?
>
>Did you look at all?  There are drivers for the 1355 and 1356 (and their 13xxx
>variants) in the drivers/video directory.   Due to your comment about the
>address/data bus, it doesn't seem like just having the driver is going to
>help the situation :-)

Dan,

unfortunately I had wrong information. S1D13305 is equivalent to SED1335
that is significantly
different from SED1355 (1335 does not provide a full bus interface
address/data) so the driver
Epson epson1355fb.c is not useful :-(
The main problem is that framebuffer memory is not accessible linearly like
a standard RAM. This means
that even graphical environment low-level routines (for example nano-x)
must be rewritten to manage
the read/write operations on framebuffer memory.

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
www.dave-tech.it