405 interrupt inizialization

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Fri May 7 18:02:27 EST 2004

I have a couple of questions about interrupt initialization. I compared the
two platform-specific files for the 405EP and 405GPr processors.
The first one (evb405ep.c) does not initialize the ibm4xxPIC_InitSenses to
setup all the IRQ lines while the second one (sycamore.c) does. Both of
them define the function ppc405_map_irq to setup IRQ lines associated with
PCI slots.
My questions are:
1) Why does not evb405ep.c use ibm4xxPIC_InitSenses to initializes IRQs
(polarity, level/edge etc)?
2) In my understanding the function ppc405_map_irq is used to inform PCI
subsystem about PCI slots IRQ routing. Is it correct?

Thanx in advance,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
www.dave-tech.it