user access to physical memory

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 6 00:27:53 EST 2004

In message <OFD0681AD7.24E6EB05-ON85256E8B.004961BC-85256E8B.0049B26E at nanometrics.ca> you wrote:

> I know this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it in
> the archive.

You mean a simple search for "physical memory" like this one:

http://lists.linuxppc.org/results.html?restrict=linuxppc-embedded&words=physical+memory

didn't give you any results? Strange... I get quite a lot of messages.

> How do I get access to physical memory from user space?  I want to write a
> simple test problem to access the frame buffer directly on the LCD
> controller.

See the archives.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs  who  has  never
learned to walk.                              - Franklin D. Roosevelt