Simple module, but won't build

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 5 05:10:05 EST 2004

In message <4097DAEA.5 at ntlworld.com> you wrote:

> When I #include <asm/io.h> I get this error:
>
> /opt/eldk3.0/ppc_82xx/usr/include/asm/io.h: In function `virt_to_bus':
> /opt/eldk3.0/ppc_82xx/usr/include/asm/io.h:235: `CONFIG_KERNEL_START'
> undeclared (first use in this function)
> /opt/eldk3.0/ppc_82xx/usr/include/asm/uaccess.h: In function `verify_area':
> /opt/eldk3.0/ppc_82xx/usr/include/asm/uaccess.h:37: `CONFIG_TASK_SIZE'
> undeclared (first use in this function)
> I know I have used these with no problems with an older kernel and
> compiler. Is there something I need to add to make these work??

Seems you are missing to include some necessary header  files  and/or
to provide the necessary compiler options.

It's difficult to guess what  exactly  is  missing  given  so  little
information.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"If you own a machine, you are in turn owned by it,  and  spend  your
time serving it..."    - Marion Zimmer Bradley, _The Forbidden Tower_