memory problems on ppc 8260 based hardware

Rune Torgersen runet at innovsys.com
Wed May 5 02:22:46 EST 2004

Be aware that there is some timing problems on the SDRAM interface on
the 826x CPUs
(Look at motorolas site)
This sound very much like the problems I had before I fixed the hardware
on an inhouse board.

www.denx.de . (use uboot as bootloader.)

I use some debug tools and find when paging_init( ) function finished
(start_kernel --setup_arch--paging_init), some codes were destroyed such
as sort_exception_table( ) (the next line in setup_arch( ), so the
kernel hang) , some codes were protected well such as memset( ). (using
LED in parallel port(adding some codes in kernel), I got the same
results,the kernel hang after paging_init( ))

what's the reason? Any advise will be appreciated.

best regards.

liu