Dual-Port SRAM

Fillod Stephane stephane.fillod at thomson.net
Tue May 4 18:48:04 EST 2004

Bob White wrote:
> What configuration is necessary to map this memory into the kernel?

You need ioremap() and a good book on Linux Kernel Driver development.
Excellent examples are in linux/drivers directory.

> Can you point me to some examples?  How does it then get accessed from
> a user program?

Bob, Wolfgang was talking about this reply ;-)

So, here is the FAQ:

Please have a look at Denx's FAQ for accessing memory bus:

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/PPCEmbedded/DeviceDrivers#Section_Accessin
gPeripheralsFromUserSpace

For more information, please follow this thread:
	http://lists.linuxppc.org/linuxppc-embedded/200403/msg00059.html

Next time, google and list archive are your friend ;-)

Regards,
Stephane