IBM 440GX, Ocotea...

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Mar 26 08:14:22 EST 2004

>> >linuxppc-2.[45] are children of the linux-2.[45] trees, and contain
>> >stuff that's not quite ready to go out, _but_will_be_soon_ or has been
>> >put in a tree for Linus/Marcelo, but they haven't pulled yet.
>>
>> ok thanks (and linuxppc-2.5 should be used to get something into 2.6?)
>
> If it's something which isn't quite ready yet, it should go into
> linuxppc-2.5.  Otherwise, it should go to linux-2.5, either via Andrew
> Morton, or Paul or Ben sending it to Linus.

If the chnage goes directly to linux-2.[56] tree directly is it also
applied to linuxppc-2.5 as well? How do you keep it in sync with
kernel.org tree?

My logic says that if the changes that goes to kernel.org 2.6 tree is not
incorporated to linuxppc 2.5 tree we have a major problem. It would be too
difficult to keep track of which tree has which.

I would rather like to think that kernel.org has a subset of ppc specific
chnages that goes to linuxppc but linuxppc has all the changes that goes
to kernel.org linux tree.

Best regards,
Tolunay Orkun