IBM 440GX, Ocotea...

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Wed Mar 24 19:07:28 EST 2004

On Mar 23, 2004, at 19:24, Dan Malek wrote:

> Jaap-Jan Boor wrote:
>
>> from what 'official ppc' tree do patches eventually get into the
>> official linux kernel tree(s) at kernel.org?
>> only linuxppc-2.4? Or all?
>
> It seems to be a circuitous route that I don't even understand
> anymore.  Sometime stuff I check in gets there, sometimes not. :-)

and you have never found out the conditions when something
get's in (only when submitted at friday the 13th or something?)

> http://penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml tries to explain it.

this states you should build/submit patches against kernel.org's
trees, which is quite different from linuxppc-2.[45], which is probably
Tom Rini's checkout of kernel.org's tree with all ppc patches.
Or is it?

thanks for your reply,

Jaap-Jan