Can't set the schedual parameter of threads in linux

Jaap-Jan Boor jjboor at aimsys.nl
Fri Mar 12 02:04:50 EST 2004

Yang,

You are right, I don't use the pthread_[gs]etschedparam() functions.
I use in the new thread's context the
pthread_attr_getschedpolicy(&tattr, &policy);
pthread_attr_getschedparam(&tattr, &param);

functions, and then set the new priority

param.sched_priority = newpriority;
pthread_setschedparam(pthread_self(), policy, &param);

Jaap-Jan