RAM Disk problems

song sam samsongshzu at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Mar 11 02:56:41 EST 2004

Hello Kevin,

Yeah,first check your command setting as Jaap-Jan said
and make sure it has the right format and correct
content.If it couldn't work,pls try to rebuilding your
LINUX kernel as Wolfgang suggested and download the
workable ramdisk from ftp.denx.de like Steven told.

The setting of ramargs for your reference:

u-boot>setenv ramargs setenv bootargs root=/dev/ram rw

Steven Blakeslee wrote:
> Also you can try an already created ramdisk that is known to work. You
> can download one from Wolfgang's site. www.denx.de

Hope this would work.

Sam