uncached user space mapping with mmap() ???

Steven Scholz steven.scholz at imc-berlin.de
Fri Mar 5 22:41:55 EST 2004

Jon Masters wrote:

> | Is it always better to map only the small part I am going to use?
>
> Of course it is always best to map only the small range that you are
> going to use and there will not necessarily be only one TLB mapping (I
> am here referring to your comments on ARM Linux Kernel List) etc. etc.
> However here especially I am inclined to repeat what they said on the
> other list - these figures are so close that they might differ for other
> reasons and so on. Did you repeat this in a controlled way many times?

Yes. The thruput is calculated after repeating the loop 1000 times
(Retries = 1000).

> You will need to answer the questions Russell King posted in order for
> us to work through this and figure out where the difference lies.
I am just about to do it.

--
Steven Scholz

imc Measurement & Control               imc Meßsysteme GmbH
Voltastr. 5                             Voltastr. 5
13355 Berlin                            13355 Berlin
Germany                                 Deutschland