IDE on Lite5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 4 05:47:08 EST 2004

In message <OF12C112DE.67675BE6-ON00256E4C.0060B975-00256E4C.0062715E at marel.is> you wrote:

> I am working with a Lite5200 board.  I have u-boot running in a LOWBOOT
> configuration and I can run the Denx linux kernel for MPC5200,
>  using an nfs root filesystem.
>
> Now I want to add IDE support to the kernel.  I already have IDE support in
> u-boot and my disk is detected in the startup.
> I have added what I can think of to the kernel config but I am stuck with a
> linking error when running 'make uImage'.
> Following is the last output of the make, indicating the error.

This was a typo in the Makefile. Please update the sources  from  our
CVS server, and it should work:

---------------------
PatchSet 184
Date: 2004/02/26 15:58:47
Fix typo which prevented IDE from working on MPC5200

Members:
        drivers/ide/ppc/Makefile:1.4->1.5

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
In Nature there are neither rewards nor punishments, there are conse-
quences.                                            -- R.G. Ingersoll