[uClinux-dev] Need clarity on compiler & emulator usage

Thamarai Selvan Thamarai.Selvan at lntinfotech.com
Wed Mar 3 16:25:49 EST 2004

hi ,

Is really Linux kernel gcc dependent? ;-(-
can u focus me on to one such code in the kernel?

has the gcc dependencies been forced into macros?
how can they be identified and can they be replaced ?
is there any specific header as such in which theses dependencies are
forced into?

with regards
Thamarai Selvan.G

                      "Bino George"
                      <bino at dlink.co.in>          To:       "uClinux development list"
                      Sent by:                     <uclinux-dev at uclinux.org>,
                      uclinux-dev-bounces@         <linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org>
                      uclinux.org                 cc:       uclinux-dev at uclinux.org
                                                  Subject:  Re: [uClinux-dev] Need clarity on compiler &
                                                   emulator usage
                      03/01/2004 05:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      uClinux development
                      list

Hi guys:
        I think you guys are little confused. The Linux Kernel is dependent
on Gcc. May be you can consider,  kernel hackers made use of gcc extensions
and knowledge of code generation. Please google for  Linux kernel + gcc
depedendent etc
    Your ICE is not worried about which elf file you are downloading. You
can download linux or boot loader or what ever you want.  The only thing
you
have to do is , read and understand the ICE manual.
bino