pci on ppc

Oliver Korpilla okorpil at fh-landshut.de
Wed Jun 30 22:10:50 EST 2004

Marco Schramel wrote:
> Where the function "m8260_setup_arch()" (m8260_setup.c) is called ?? With the pci option the kernel does not call this function.

I don't know If I understand you right or this is helpful to you, but these
functions are never called directly, but instead in platform_init() function
pointers are stored in the ppc_md struct variable, and this holds true for
m8260_setup_arch() as well (in arch/ppc/kernel/m8260_setup.c):

ppc_md.setup_arch = m8260_setup_arch;

There's always only one platform_init() due to the linking process, so there's
no name clash.

Could you elaborate a bit on your PCI problem anyway? Is your board standard or
custom?

With kind regards,
Oliver Korpilla