BAT mapping

Linh Dang linhd at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Jun 30 01:23:51 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm porting Linux to our proprietary boards. it's 7447-based with
gt64260 bridge. We used vanilla 2.6.7 from kernel.org. It worked out
well (2 person/grunt/slave-dats to get it linux booted and with
nfs/telnet/gdb...) thank you very much for your work.

In the porting process, we change the bat mapping to used all the 8
DBAT registers. our new algorithm is quite generic and will work for
cpu without hi_bats as well. My question is why it was NOT done this
way but hard-coded to bat2 and bat3. Am I missing some subtle things?

Thanx

--
Linh Dang