kernel option "Command line partition table parsing"

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 29 22:57:05 EST 2004

In message <Pine.LNX.4.60.0406290821150.19485 at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:

>    i'm intrigued by the above kernel option.  currently, i define my
> MTD partitions in drivers/mtd/maps/rpxlite.c, using structs map_info,
> mtd_info, etc., and calling the appropriate routines, which works just
> fine.
>
>    will this kernel option actually let me define the basic MTD
> partitions completely from the kernel command line without messing
> with rpxlite.c?  or am i misreading the purpose of this option?

Yes, it will.

See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/BootTimeConfigurationOfMTDPartitions

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Even if you aren't in doubt, consider the mental welfare of the  per-
son who has to maintain the code after you, and who will probably put
parens in the wrong place.          - Larry Wall in the perl man page