Desesperatly looking for a intConnect() equivalent routine...

Garcia Jérémie GARCIAJ at 3il.fr
Tue Jun 29 02:51:24 EST 2004

Hi everybody,
I have to do a vxworks migration to a linux environment.
In the original application we use the "intConnect" function described as below:

timer_connect( ) - connect a user routine to the timer signal

SYNOPSIS

int timer_connect
    (
    timer_t     timerid, /* timer ID */
    VOIDFUNCPTR routine, /* user routine */
    int         arg      /* user argument */
    )

DESCRIPTION

 This routine sets the specified routine to be invoked with arg when fielding a signal indicated by the timer's evp signal number, or if evp is NULL, when fielding the default signal (SIGALRM).

The signal handling routine should be declared as:

    void my_handler
        (
        timer_t timerid,      /* expired timer ID */
        int arg               /* user argument    */
        )

In order to get a very similar way of working, I'm using the POSIX interface. Unfortunately, the POSIX timers routines do not seem to offer routine similar as intConnect.

Does anyone would have a clue for a newbie in Linux ppc dev please??
Tks a lot !!