[linux-usb-devel] Re: RE : MPC5200Lite PCI & IRQ

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 27 00:24:16 EST 2004

Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 11:20:30AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>>On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 12:06 +0200, Bertrand Baudet wrote:

>>>There are probably other drivers that have the wrong assumption that IRQ 0
>>>is an unassigned IRQ.

Is there a designated "no IRQ assigned" code?  There should be one ...
that's why such code gets cut/pasted.  Unless pci_enable_device() is
(now) guaranteed to fail if the device has no IRQ assignment?

Possibly that test should vanish, it was evidently a problem for a
while but I've not heard reports of such problems lately.  It's in
2.6 because of cut/paste from 2.4 code.  Feel free to post a patch.

- Dave