Lite5200 PCI not working

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 22 01:14:35 EST 2004

Dear Kate,

in message <40D6ECB0.6040301 at iti.fi> you wrote:

> Small notice about Coral-P card. Least one that i have needs separate -12V to connec to PCI
> connector pins. There is no -12V supply on board. The Coral-P does itself  need
> -12V but there is one analog mux in video output that needs -5V that is
> generated from -12V.

Are you really sure? Maybe it was just an issue of finding the  right
jumper  settings (which is non-trivial). We tested both with Rev. 4.0
and Rev. 5.0 cards, and didn't need -12V.

> It  looks a like that wery ccommon problem is that many board needs some +/-12V
> event thay should not.

There are worse things; I toasted a LITE5200 with a simple 2x  serial
card  which claims to be a Multi Voltage card but routes +5V on V_I/O

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Conscious is when you are aware of something, and conscience is  when
you wish you weren't.