MPC5200Lite PCI & IRQ

Bertrand Baudet bbaudet at lacie.com
Fri Jun 18 20:06:20 EST 2004

Well, there is not only the IDE driver; the USB driver does it as well:

In the 2.4.25, from the "drivers/usb/host/usb-ohci.c", in the 'ohci_pci_probe' function:

And in the 2.6.7, from "drivers/usb/core/hcd-pci.c", in the 'usb_hcd_pci_probe' function:

if (!dev->irq) {
	err("found OHCI device with no IRQ assigned. check BIOS settings!");
	pci_disable_device (dev);
	return -ENODEV;
}

There are probably other drivers that have the wrong assumption that IRQ 0
is an unassigned IRQ.

Bertrand