MPC5200 PCI questions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jun 16 20:54:22 EST 2004

In message <42A622EB18325843894BB8E1040E3DF502274E at sinaexchf> you wrote:

> Is it possible, with the present version of BestComm, to use DMA for IDE and PCI at the same time?

Yes. We've been testing for example with an EEPRO100 network card  to
avoid the known conflicts with the FEC.

> As is not possible to use IDE DMA and the integrated FEC at this moment, I'm thinking of using the integrated ATA controller in the MPC5200 with DMA for an IDE disk and the PCI controller to interface to a PCI to ethernet transceiver in a custom board.
> Is this possible? Any recommended transceiver to use with linux and the MPC5200?.

Yes, this should work. We use the EEPRO100 a lot.

> Also, I would like to know if there is a known to work PCI ethernet card (10/100 if possible) for use with the Lite5200 kit, supported by linux.

Most cards should work just fine.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."