Lite5200 from RS232 to RS485

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 15 01:37:23 EST 2004

In message <005801c4521e$86e0ea40$26c8a8c0 at GMAN> you wrote:

> I used tcgetattr and tcsetattr to set the termios settting like baud.  I
> also had to recompile the kernel using make menuconfig and in MPC8xx CPM
> Options-> I selected Use SCCx UART then Use SSC1 UART then selected PC15 for

Ummm... but the MPC8xx CPM options _definitely_ have  zero  influence
on  the  behaviour of the MPC5200 PSC UART driver. This is completely
different hardware.

> RTS on SCC1 UART.  Make sure the second UART device (ttyS1) is in the /dev
> directory and this should enable the RTS to work.  You can only use RTS with

No, it will NOT work. I repeat: the existing driver DOES NOT  SUPPORT
hardware  handshake, so no matter what you do (short of extending the
driver) - it will not work.

> the SCCs and NOT the SMCs.  Maybe the console ttyS0 is an SMC not an SCC at
> least that is the way my eval board was setup. I hope this helps.

Sorry, but it doesn't.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Our missions are peaceful -- not for conquest.  When we do battle, it
is only because we have no choice.
	-- Kirk, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5