Head of linuxppc-2.4 broekn by davem patch

Tom Rini trini at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Jun 12 07:40:54 EST 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 09:07:13AM -0700, Stephen Williams wrote:

> Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl-at-kontron.com |PPC Linux Embedded| wrote:
> >I already sent this patch to the list and to "davem" who
> >commited the faulty version, but nobody seems to care...
>
> Here is the exact same patch, packaged slightly differently
> and re-sent, just in case it got lost in someone's inbox.
> It is also possible that davem is thinking in terms of
> changing the sk_buff definition t match this file. Either
> way, something must be done.

I've gotten around to updating the linuxppc-2.4 repository to match the
current state of linux-2.4 again.  If there's still a problem, I would
suggest reproducing it with an i386 config (or CONFIG_ALL_PPC config)
and posting to lkml (linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org) and cc'ing Marcelo
and whomever made the broken change.  The problem in question didn't
come from us PPC folks, so fixing it in our tree is, IMHO, pointless
(the fix will either become obsolete and introduce minor pain when a fix
comes in upstream or the change will be reverted, again probably causing
us pain merging this in).

--
Tom Rini
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/