U-Boot and kernel 2.6

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 11 23:03:04 EST 2004

In message <40C99182.8050201 at intracom.gr> you wrote:

[David Woodhouse:]

> >We really need to throw this crap away and start using structured tags
> >like ARM does.

Right (or bi_rec's or whatever this might end up being called).

> Or we can parse the u-boot environment which is ascii.
> I already do this...

No, this is IMHO not a good idea. Some of the information that  needs
to  be  passed to the kernel is not contained in the envrionment, and
does not belong there.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Sendmail may be safely run set-user-id to root.
                        -- Eric Allman, "Sendmail Installation Guide"