Poor 8260 FCC Ethernet performance

Dan Malek dan at embeddededge.com
Fri Jun 11 03:56:47 EST 2004

On Jun 9, 2004, at 6:33 PM, Rune Torgersen wrote:

> BTW, found the problem with that piece of code about 2 seconds after
> sending it....
> The fcc_rbase &tbase parameters are not given the physical address, but
> the virtual one...

What?  No, no no.

You must not use pa() on immap addresses.  All you did was convert
a proper address to some bogus one, you are writing over some other
part of memory that is eventually going to cause a failure.  The immap
addresses are identity mapped virtual to physical.

There isn't any performance problem  with this driver if your hardware
is working properly.  I cant' believe this change would have done
anything except eventually causing the system to fail.

What kernel are you using?

Thanks.

	-- Dan