ok, so now my dynamically-linked minit starts after all. argh.

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 11 03:52:48 EST 2004

  gack.  after doing a thorough clean of my software tree, and rebuilding
with a dynamically-linked minit, well, it works.  go figure.

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 52k init
Trying run_init_process with /sbin/minit
FIFOs opened successfully.
About to start default service.
(hang)

  in other words, i'm back where i was many days ago -- kernel booting,
getting to minit, minit starting, then hanging.  but that's ok, given that
i *expected* things to go south once i got to user space, based on

  so, my best strategy at this point would seem to be to do the occasional
"bk pull", and rebuild to see when i get to go further in user space.  i
have no clue why a dynamically-linked minit suddenly started to work.
("no, really, i didn't change anything.  honest." :-)

  i'll be watching for new and exciting developments.

rday