JTAG debuggers for Motorola 8xx/82xx/85xx

Fahd Abidi fabidi at ultsol.com
Thu Jun 10 13:25:54 EST 2004

Hi Matevz,

In the BDI, the 85xx is a different family from the 82xx which is different
from 8xx. The reason for this is that the JTAG connection requires a
different startup sequence, plus a whole different set of core registers....
basically enough work went into building the support into the tool that it
justified charging for a new firmware. You can check from
http://www.abatron.ch/products/xr/aspx/rx/default.htm the list of processors
supported in any given firmware.

The BDI is a very well supported tool, Abatron is very fast on its heals in
providing support and identifying (and fixing) bugs with new processor
families. And you know my opinion is totally unbiased since I work for
Ultimate Solutions.... the north American Rep for Abatron... ;)

I hope people on this list can attest to the support Abatron and Myself have
provided to support their development efforts in North America. Can't
promise amazing things, but it works pretty darn well.... That's marketing
speak.

Fahd Abidi
Field Applications Engineer
Ultimate Solutions, Inc.
Professional Development Tools for Embedded Systems
Toll Free: 866-455-3383 x255
Facsimile: 978-926-3091
Email: fabidi at ultsol.com
www: http://www.ultsol.com