PPC tool chain - uClibc

jwhit93 at comcast.net jwhit93 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 5 00:34:17 EST 2004

The most recent versions of uClibc no longer use a gcc wrapper,
instead you must recompile the toolchain with native
uClibc support.  The "buildroot" package automates much of
this process - see http://uclibc.org/toolchains.html for details.
The only hiccup I encountered missing headers which had
to be copied by hand, otherwise the Makefile takes care
of everything.

Also, Karim Yaghmour's book "Building Embedded Linux Systems"
gives some pointers on building toolchains in general and
uClibc in particular.

Regards,

John W