Compiling the kernel using a Bitkeeper tree

rdiz at alumni.deec.uc.pt rdiz at alumni.deec.uc.pt
Thu Jun 3 21:00:30 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm using bitkeeper for the first time, and I find myself unable to compile
a kernel from the linuxppc-2.5-benh tree I "cloned".

It might be a naive question, but don't get how one can compile it. I
don't even find a Makefile in my root rep directory, and I haven't chose
the compilations options yet... Using a gziped kernel all I had to do was
something like "make ARCH=ppc CROSS_COMPILE=powerpc-linux- menuconfig".

Can someone just give some quick guidance or tip that puts me on the right
track?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo Diz