Reset for MPC8245

Arunachalam, Saravanan Saravanan_Arunachalam at alliedtelesyn.com
Wed Jun 2 03:56:37 EST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to do Internal Hard Reset from the kernel for MPC8245 based
custom board. I tried the Machine check stop approach but it doesn't
work. I am able to successfully do from the u-boot bootloader. The
following code generates Instruction Exception at the instruction that
turns off MMU.

msr = mfmsr();

/* Interrupts and MMU off */
__asm__ __volatile__ ("mfmsr    %0":"=r" (msr));

msr &= ~0x1030;
__asm__ __volatile__ ("mtmsr    %0"::"r" (msr)); <--- Instruction Except
addr = 0xfff00100;
((void (*)(void)) addr) ();

If anyone has a solution to this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Arun