how to use the i2c in mpc5200

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jun 1 04:49:03 EST 2004

In message <40BB6925.4090706 at ztec.com.br> you wrote:

> >Just for the record: on my system I2C is working fine:
> Can you send me your screen of modprobe and how you create the /dev/i2c ?

I just used statically linked I2C drivers. See .config file below.

-> ls -l /opt/eldk/ppc_82xx/dev/i2c*
crw-r--r--    1 root     root      89,   0 May 24 12:04 /opt/eldk/ppc_82xx/dev/i2c

> Did you chaged the code of i2c-demo from bsp ?

I don't know what Metrowerks includes with their BSP; please see  our
test code (mpc52xx-eeprom.c) below.

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
"The question of whether a computer can think is no more  interesting
than the question of whether a submarine can swim"
                                                - Edsgar W.  Dijkstra