2.4 versus 2.6 patches

Demke, Torsten Torsten.Demke at fci.com
Tue Jul 27 02:48:08 EST 2004

Hello Robert,

> well, the linuxppc-2.5 bk pull from bkbits.net compiles and boots on
> our 8xx board.  although i'm still working on relocating SMC1 to allow
> ethernet on SCC3.  but other than that, sure, it builds and boots.

I'm using here a MPC852T with SMC1 and SCC3. Attached is part of an private
patch
against linuxppc-2.5. Its used on our board (CONFIG_SHMC) and there are some
hardcoded
values, but you could try...

/*
* The relocation address must match with the
* port address that is used in the driver table[]!
*   reloc. addr       | table.port
*   (offset in dpmem) | (offset in dparam)
*   0x1FC0            | 0x03C0  <---- hardcoded
*/

Regards,
Torsten