fix to enet.c to enable networking when booting from flash

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 14 04:46:43 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Dan Malek wrote:

> On Jul 13, 2004, at 1:34 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
>> #if defined(CONFIG_RPXLITE) || defined(CONFIG_RPXCLASSIC) ||
>> defined(CONFIG_EP8xx) || defined(CONFIG_EP852)
>>         /* And while we are here, set the configuration to enable
>> ethernet.
>>         */
>>         *((volatile uint *)RPX_CSR_ADDR) &= ~BCSR0_ETHLPBK;
>>         *((volatile uint *)RPX_CSR_ADDR) |=
>>              (BCSR0_ETHEN | BCSR0_COLTESTDIS | BCSR0_FULLDPLXDIS);
>>>        *((volatile uint *)RPX_CSR_ADDR) |=0x00100000;  <-- add this
>> //1:ethernet,0:SPI
>> #endif
>
> In newer drivers, this would be done in a board specific file.  As you
> can tell, this code enables the Ethernet PHY.  I don't understand
> why that extra 'add this' is necessary.  That does some PCMCIA signal
> routing to IP_B5, which should not have any effect on the Ethernet.
>
> What revision of board is this?  I have RPXLite's that I boot from
> flash all of the time without trouble.

i *just* *now* talked to the author.  it's board-specific, has to do
with a register in the CPLD on our board, that's the reader's digest
condensed version.  this is a custom board, so i definitely don't
expect it to behave like a regular rpxlite.  so ignore all this,
unless this explanation makes no sense at all. :-)

rday

** This list is shutting down 7/24/2004.