proposed patch for cross compiling from Solaris 2.8

Jean-Christophe Dubois jdubois at mc.com
Wed Jul 7 00:57:40 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 15:47, Jean-Christophe Dubois wrote:
> Sorry but stdint.h is not present on my Solaris 2.8 system. There is
> little I can do about this. So maybe Solaris doesn't respect the
> standard somewhere but ...

I guess the problem here is that Solaris 2.8 is not necessarily
compliant with "The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 6"/IEEE Std
1003.1-2001-conforming systems. But should it disqualify it as an host
platform?

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/stdint.h.html

On the other hand Solaris 2.8 does support <inttypes.h> which could do
the trick

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/inttypes.h.html

> > Even
> > the getopt changes shouldn't be required, you should be using the
> > version of getopt that came with your package.
>
> Same here getopt.h is not part of solaris headers. Solaris does not seem
> to support getopt_long() and getopt() prototype is part of stdio.h,
> stdlib.h or unistd.h. But no getopt.h on the horizon ... Should use one
> of the other mentioned files.

getopt_long() is not part of any IEEE standard (AFAIK) and getopt.h is
not part of IEEE Std 1003.1-2001-conforming systems. This seems to be
very GNU specific and not part of Solaris base system (so far).

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/getopt.html

--
Jean-Christophe Dubois <jdubois at mc.com>
Mercury Computer Systems