proposed patch for cross compiling from Solaris 2.8

Bret Indrelee Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com
Tue Jul 6 23:28:55 EST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Jean-Christophe Dubois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got into several issues while trying to cross-compile a Linux 2.6 PPC
> kernel from a Solaris 2.8 host (beside getting a valid cross compilation
> chain). Mainly some programs compiled on the host are not planned to be
> compiled on anything but Linux (The host has to run Linux).

All of the things you've changed look wrong to me.

Most of your changes are taking out <stdint.h>, which is not correct.
This header should be on any system, it is part of the C standard. Even
the getopt changes shouldn't be required, you should be using the
version of getopt that came with your package.

Are you sure that you've specified -nostdinc -nostdlib and given the
proper list of locations for the cross-compile system includes when
compiling?

-Bret

--
Bret Indrelee                 QLogic Corporation
Bret.Indrelee at qlogic.com      6321 Bury Drive, St 13, Eden Prairie, MN 55346