bestcomm and i2c

Sylvain Munaut tnt at 246tnt.com
Tue Jul 6 07:59:33 EST 2004

iida wrote:

 > I  am to use the bestcomm API with 2.4.25 denx to control the i2c

Are you really sure you want to do that ?
Your peripheral really require such I2C bandwidth that you just can't
use the actual code ?

 > Someone already used it ? Could provide a example /

Well, my last attempt was just to use interrupt to know when a
transfer was done instead of busy waiting. And I never got any
interrupts for the second I2C controller ( the one wired on the
lite5200 board ) unless I init both I2C controllers. I haven't yet
figured why ...

To get back at your original question, IIRC the BestCommAPI
package(Some big zip freescale will send you if you ask several times
;) ) has some code example of all devices, somewhere in a "validation"
directory. I can't send it, it's (c) Freescale.

Sylvain