UPM driver of MPC8260

Alireza Sadri arsadri at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 1 21:12:30 EST 2004

Hi , thanks for your attentins.

I am not an expert, but i know the meanings of
programming of the board , ppcboot(bootloader) ,
kernel , linux,  ELDK(I have compiled it for my
board), driver , service , and i am familiar with
MPC8260 as a microprocessor.I was working on hardware
of this board.
we made a copy , a customized copy.

now i am working on software ,
i am going to make my custom SBC8260 standalone , so i
need to replace the ppcboot of the board with a
bootable linux image. I want this linux to mount the
flash, and then i put my own final program on the
flash , and as a service, linux will run the program
on any reset.(now,it would be standalone)

so i cannot hold the ppcboot (u-boot) on the flash, i
need the changes in my linux image , or using a linux
driver.

Can you please guide me through this process?
If I have to replace ppcboot , how can have
bootloader?
(I know board needs bootloader anyway , but i don't
know what it is. is it ppcboot? or ELDK makes a
bootable linux?)

Any other point of view is really wellcome.

Best Regards.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail