looking for .config file for RPXlite board for 2.6 kernel

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 1 04:21:13 EST 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> and i've selected:
>
> [*] CPM2 SCC/SMC serial port support
> [ ]   Support for console on CPM2 SCC/SMC serial port (NEW)
> [*]   Support for SCC1 serial port
> [ ]   Support for SCC2 serial port (NEW)
> [ ]   Support for SCC3 serial port (NEW)
> [ ]   Support for SCC4 serial port (NEW)
> [*]   Support for SMC1 serial port
> [ ]   Support for SMC2 serial port (NEW)

as i just emailed tom on the side, duh, i took his previous note
stupidly literally, and selected *only* the options he listed.  i
figured out pretty quickly to also select the "Support for console on
CPM2 ..." and, lo and behold, i have kernel boot output on my rpxlite
board.  whew.

so now i get as far as:

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Freeing unused kernel memory: 72k init
Warning: unable to open an initial console.
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

i suspect this is also some silly misconfiguration.  off to track it
down.

rday