MPC8540ADS setup

Stefan Nickl Stefan.Nickl at kontron.com
Tue Jan 27 20:36:13 EST 2004

Hi list,

I have some initial troubles with the MPC8540ADS that
are probably FAQ, but I did not find in the list archives.

1st, whats the correlation between PVR and "Revision"?

My PVR is 0x80200010, the BDI firmware says
Target CPU        : MPC8560/8540 Rev.1,
while u-boot/doc/README.mpc85xxads reads:

"MPC85xx Rev 1 Chip, in general you will use a Rev2
chip from Nov.2003. If you still see this definition
while you have a Rev2(and newer) chip,undef this."

So what Rev do I have? Booby traps on the way?

2nd, how to correctly setup the BDI flash access?

bdi-8540>unlock 0xFF000000
# Writing to workspace failed

I've taken the sections from ads8560.cfg that
seem to map L2SRAM for that purpose and
use WORKSPACE   0xf0000000.

Some working [INIT]-Lines?

3rd, some reset-trouble with the BDI.

It seems I have to do

reset run
reset run

every time to reset the board, otherwise it stays dead :(
Not necessary on manual reset and powerup.

Thanks,

-- Stefan