Small UDP packet performance

Jacky Lam jackylam at astri.org
Thu Jan 22 20:26:22 EST 2004

Hi,

        Thanks for you patch. I tried your patch and see the throughput is
really improved a lot. For packet size of 512, the throughput jumps from 2%
to 55%. For packet size of 1024, the throughput jumps from 50% to 66%.
Although the improvement for packet size of 256 and 188 doesn't change much
(0%->4% and 0%->2% respectively), it helps a lot already.

Regards,
Jacky