Small UDP packet performance

Eugene Surovegin ebs at ebshome.net
Wed Jan 21 12:16:50 EST 2004

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 03:23:42PM -0800, Andrew May wrote:
> Here is what I have done for a NAPI version of the driver. I don't have time
> either to do a patch or merge this up to the latest kernel. I have frozen down
> at 2.4.21-pre4 somewhere and I won't be merging anytime soon. It is stable for
> me.

Looks OK, although I chose another way to disable RX IRQs :)

Sad thing is because of bad MAL design NAPI will be limited to one
EMAC per MAL (there is no way to disable IRQ generation on channel
basis), it's not an issue for 405, but for 440 I haven't figured
out how to overcome this limitation yet.

Andrew, I'm just curious, you probably did some measurements with
your NAPI driver, care to share them :) ?

Eugene