EXT_DIRECT IDE Mode

DavidHo at nanometrics.ca DavidHo at nanometrics.ca
Thu Feb 12 02:00:49 EST 2004

Hi Steve,

My application needs a compactflash and a 1.8" disk drive connected to the
MPC852T.  Since the compact flash has already taken up the only PCMCIA
slot, the disk drive is directly attached to the PPC bus so I need to
enable EXT_DIRECT for the disk drive.

I haven't been able to make linux call the ide_init_hwif function.  I
looked at how ide.c works and it looks like it enables IDE interfaces on
the PCI first (ide_default_io_base returns non-zero).  I haven't yet been
able to find out where it call my function.

Would you be able to tell me how you got this mode working.

Regards,
David Ho