Linux on MPC5200 - LITE5200EVAL

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 11 09:00:02 EST 2004

In message <40294AD9.1070407 at 246tNt.com> you wrote:

> I've just received the motorola eval board ( one, with 64M SDR and 16Mb
> flash). And I'm a little lost.
> I've tool u-boot sources from CVS compiled them ( compiled fine exect
> for the samples apps ), then took the appropriate kernel sources, build
> it ( make uImage ). And .... then ?

Either use the default configuration of U-Boot and replace  dBUG,  or
use  the  "LOWBOOT"  configuration and install U-Boot at the start of
the flash area.

Then use U-Boot to load and boot Linux.

> I haven't found any "manual" or so.

There is the DULG - there is no  LITE5200  specific  version  of  the
document (yet), but it should get you started.
See http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/Manual

Best regards,

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 17 - 19,  Hall 12.0 Booth 440
Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de