PCMCIA modem card is not responding

Leonardo Pereira Santos lsantos at pd3.com.br
Tue Feb 10 03:55:14 EST 2004

Are the drivers being loaded? This done by cardmgr, and it uses the
/etc/pcmcia/ scripts (network.options, memory.options). If you got a
consistent response from cardctl for

#cardctl ident

Or something like that, your pcmcia interface should be working.

Remember that pcmcia drivers should be loaded by cardmgr, not by a simple
insmod. This is because the driver waits for a CARD_INSERT event, which's
generated by cardmgr.

On Monday 09 February 2004 03:16, Prabhakar Kalasani wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm working with MPC855T Processor based target board, I'm trying to
> support 3CXM556 Megahertz Cellular Modem PC Card , I could able to detetect
> the card like...
>
> root at 192.168.6.6:/# cardctl ident
>
> Socket 0:
>   product info: "3Com", "3CXM/3CCM556", "Megahertz 56K Cell/Telephony
> Modem" manfid: 0x0101, 0x0034
>   function: 2 (serial)
>
> root at 192.168.6.6:/# cardctl config
>
> Socket 0:
>   Vcc 5.0V  Vpp1 0.0V  Vpp2 0.0V
>   interface type is "memory and I/O"
>   irq 9 [exclusive] [level]
>   speaker output is enabled
>   function 0:
>     config base 0x0300
>       option 0x60 status 0x08
>     io 0x03f8-0x03ff [8bit]
>
> But I couldn't communicate with the card, If i send Modem string from
> Minicom I'm not getting any responce from the target , Do i need to change
> anything related to MPC855T .
>
> Please help me out.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Prabhakar Kalasnai

- --
This is Linux country.
On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.

Leonardo Pereira Santos
Engenheiro de Projetos
PD3 Tecnologia
av. Pará 330/202
(51) 3337 1237

Today Fortune tells us:
If a jury in a criminal trial stays out for more than twenty-four hours, it
is certain to vote acquittal, save in those instances where it votes guilty.
		-- Joseph C. Goulden